Benefits for Contractors and General Contractors
Contractors and general contractors are continually struggling to hire qualified laborers, particularly carpenters. Typically, a new hire is brought on after only a review of his/her resume and given a few days or more to prove themself. Often requiring the assistance of the Lead Carpenter on certain projects, thus increasing general conditions.
LCT is prepared to assist Contractors and GC’s by providing screening services of their potential hires. LCT can assess a potential hire’s skill set in the following areas:
- Preparedness and punctuality
- Door and window installation
- Kick out and clearance ability
- Metal bending ability using a brake
- James Hardie product installation ability
- Tyvek weatherization installation ability
- Azek trim installation ability
- Blueprint reading level
- Ability to hang drywall
- Metal stud framing skill level
- Drop ceiling install skill level
LCT can assess your potential hire on any or all of the above areas. We will provide an emailed assessment of your candidate stating qualifications and areas where the potential hire is lacking. For this service LCT charges $35 per half hour. We are also open to testing other skill sets if demand is present. In addition, the candidate may enroll in the Lead Carpenter Training program and would be taught any or all of the above skill sets earning a Certificate from LCT. Please see our curriculum for further information.
Contact Jack Kraszewski at 216-276-3323 or.